Thursday, July 25, 2019

O365 SharePoint - Duplicate Content Type

Scenario
  • You try to create a new sub-site from a template or try to create a new content type
  • Office 365 SharePoint Online (SPO) environment
Issue
  • Internal SharePoint validation identifies a duplicate Content Type
    • Typically this is due to a migration of content types or a failed feature activation/deactivation
    • Ex: "A duplicate content type name "Document Set" was found.
  • You cannot remove the duplicate Content Types because they are part of a feature or in-use
Resolution
  • Rename the duplicate Content Types using the Site Settings/Content Types interface
  • _hidden content types (like "System Media Collection") require using PNP PowerShell cmdlets to get the ID to pass into the browser URL
    $smc = Get-PnPContentType "System Media Collection"
    $smc.Id
    StringValue                                  TypeId
    -----------                                  ------
    0x0120D50067B20E13E9C3AA458AEF3A8392B641FD01 {da0f1e90-296f-480e-bc27-cefe51eff241}
  • Edit another content type and then replace the ctype query string parameter to edit the _hidden content type
    • Replace the following from the Document Set Edit Name Page
      /_layouts/15/ctypedit.aspx?ctype=0x0120D50067B20E13E9C3AA458AEF3A8392B641FD

11 comments:

  1. Good blog posting information of the topic provided

    Pressure Vessel Design Course is one of the courses offered by Sanjary Academy in Hyderabad. We have offer professional Engineering Course like Piping Design Course,QA/QC Course,document Controller course,pressure Vessel Design Course,Welding Inspector Course, Quality Management Course, #Safety officer course.
    Welding Inspector Course
    Safety officer course
    Quality Management Course
    Quality Management Course in India

    ReplyDelete
  2. Contact Quickbooks 24 Hour Support Phone Number 800-901-6679 to acquire instant solution of your issues & queries. Get round the clock assistance from our highly skilled technicians. Whenever appear with technical glitches just make a call on the support anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice information on here, I would like to share with you all my experience trying to get a loan to expand my Clothing Business here in Malaysia. It was really hard on my business going down due to my little short time illness then when I got heal I needed a fund to set it up again for me to begin so I came across Mr Benjamin a loan consultant officer at Le_Meridian Funding Service He asked me of my business project and I told him i already owned One and i just needed loan of 200,000.00 USD he gave me form to fill and I did also he asked me of my Valid ID in few days They did the transfer and my loan was granted. I really want to appreciate there effort also try to get this to anyone looking for business loan or other financial issues to Contact Le_Meridian Funding Service On Email: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.com He also available on WhatsApp Contact:+1-9893943740.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Social Beat is a digital growth partner for hyperscaling startups & top brands - Google Premier Partner, Preferred Facebook Marketing Partner. By digital marketing company in IndiaThe Best digital marketing agency in India which not only offers SEO, PPC, SMM, Branding but also provides 360° online marketing.

    Free Job Alert site is for Government,Sarkari Naukri,Banks,Railways,Police Recruitment, Results of IBPS,UPSC,SSC,RRB, Fresher IT Jobs and Walkins.

    How can I contact a match? What can I do with a free membership? How do I cancel my Premium subscription? Getting started - Read more: Elite Singles Contact Information:

    Qualified interior designers Gorakhpur has, will always ensure that the quality of work delivered is as per the expectations of their clients. Visit Now: Interior Designer in Gorakhpur, UP

    ReplyDelete
  5. UCEzNszAPzpG01irvvghmFMw
    EzNszAPzpG01irvvghmFMw
    https://youtu.be/tISBeeOn2HE

    ReplyDelete